Is a referral necessary before starting treatment?
In Ohio, you have direct access to your physical therapist. Often a prescription or referral is not needed. Please call our staff at 740-345-2837 to find out if your insurance requires a referral.
Who can refer to physical therapy and occupational therapy?
We gladly accept referrals from the following sources:
- Medical Doctors – any medical doctor including orthopedic, physical medicine, cardiologist, neurologist, internal medicine, etc.
- Osteopathic physicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Oral surgeons
- Self referral
Approved Insurance Providers
We gladly accept insurance from the following providers. If you’re insurance company is not listed, please contact us for alternative payment arrangements.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Beech Street/Capp Care
- Buckeye Preferred Network
- BWC–Certified Provider
- Cardinal Preferred Care Network
- Central Benefits
- Choice Care Network
- Cigna (PPO, POS Plans)
- Creative Health Plans (CHP)
- Emerald Health Network
- First Health
- Health First
- Health Net
- Medical Benefits (Med Ben)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO)
- Nationwide Health Plans
- Ohio Comp Network (OCN)
- Ohio Health Choice
- Ohio Health Group (Health Reach)
- One Health Plan
- OSU Managed Healthcare/Prime Care
- Primary Health Services (PHS)
- Private Health Care Services (PHCS)
- Pro America/Ohio Health Network
- Provider Comp Network
- United Health Care (UHC)
- US Department of Labor